Where Did I Put My Tiara

The life unglamorous . . .

My Photo
Name:
Location: Utah, United States

see biography at http://www.marjoriejones.com

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Another Year Down

I wish I could say that I haven't blogged in a while because I've been so immersed in NaNoWriMo that I simply didn't have time! 
 
Unfortunately, that's not the case.  I was working, though.  I had some edits and rewrites to complete for an anthology that is coming very soon from eXtasy Books.  After that, I fell out of my groove.
 
Which brings me to my thoughts on the past year.  Wow... what a ride.  Some of it good.  Some of it bad.  My son got married.  My son got divorced.  I finally made it to a Romantic Times BOOKlovers Convention and met some great friends, some of whom I'd spoken to online for a while. 
 
I finished The Lighthorseman.  I started Dawn of Redemption.  I signed four or five book contracts with two publishing houses. 
 
My daughter fell ill, but is making great strides to recovery. 
 
I made the leap to homeschooling my daughters and I took a job outside of the home, working part time for a friend who owns a cell phone distributorship and showroom.  Its nice because she tells me to write when we're not busy <grin>.
 
My husband embarked on his life-long dream of owning and breeding rare breed dogs and we now have two fabulous additions to the family, Pistol Pete and Lady of Lyonesse, South African Boerboel Mastiffs.
 
It makes me think.  The world really is a scary and magnificent place and it really is up to us to make it better.  To create a home within the topsy-turvy confines of our own atmosphere.  I could have lost it over the course of the past twelve months.  I almost did once or twice between illnesses and divorces.  But in the end, I can't imagine trading a single moment.  My daughter has finally started to find herself and the divorce made my son a stronger man, I think.  The bad times make us appreciate the good times.  It's cliche.  But it's true.
 
What about you?  Have you found any great insights over the past year?  Feel free to share your insights.  I'd love to hear them!
 
Hugs,
Marjorie
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home