Where Did I Put My Tiara

The life unglamorous . . .

My Photo
Name:
Location: Utah, United States

see biography at http://www.marjoriejones.com

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Okay, so here's the deal

I'm am the WORST blogger in the history of ... well... blogging.
 
I'm gonna give this another try.  I think my problem is, I try to hard to limit myself.  I wasn't blogging inspiring or philosophical every day, so I decided to do writing tips.  I ran out of time to pursue that, but in the mean time, I came up with all sorts of things I would love to chat about, but I'd changed the focus of my blog, so I couldn't.
 
Why not?
 
Cuz I couldn't, that's why LOL.
 
Bah.
 
It's my blog and I can blog if I want to... blog if I want to...
 
So, here I am ... giving it another shot.
 
I'm in deadline hell at the moment.  I have just tacked on another 1000 or so words to my newest chapter of Dawn of Redemption for Champagne Books.  I promised this book to my editor over a week ago, but I find myself with about three chapters to go.  I defend myself with the fact that the same editor (waving to Ellen) sent my galley for my October release, My Lady's Will, for a final run through last week, as well.  I tried to finish Redemption first, but had to stop writing so I could edit. 
 
Tonight, I emailed my final changes so I'm back into Redemption.  This is a very good thing.  I want to have it done by the end of the week.  If I can do that, then I'll have an ENTIRE month to write roughtly 315 pages on my next 20th Century Historical, also set in Australia (see The Lighthorseman).  If you read The Lighthorseman, this next one is Paul's story.  Cross your fingers.  No contract yet, just a request to read the final product.  I promised it in seven weeks, and I've burned about two of them. 
 
It's been a pretty rough year for me, personally, but things are evening out, I'm very slowly catching up.  I'm off to the post office first thing Monday morning to mail two contest prizes out... the Daytona package and my Alasdair Vampire bear... to the respective winners.  Terribly sorry for the delay.  It's been crazy around here.
 
I think that's about it.
 
oh... if you're looking for a fabulously wonderful ride through the old west (and believe me, you ARE), be sure to pick up Beth Ciotta's Lasso the Moon.  I managed to read a whole book while waiting for doctor's appointments, reluctantly taking the family to Lagoon (its an amusement park), and getting my car serviced.  It's fabulous!!
 
OHOHOH!  I almost forgot... Dawn of Love is now available at http://www.champagnebooks.com   YAY!!!!
 
Until next time,
Marjorie -- who can't decide if she should sleep, or shower... decisions, decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home