Where Did I Put My Tiara

The life unglamorous . . .

My Photo
Name:
Location: Utah, United States

see biography at http://www.marjoriejones.com

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Stress and the not-so-single girl

Sometimes life is a barrel of monkeys.  Have you noticed?
 
I still have several hundred pages to edit for Dawn of Redemption.  Yep, the same several hundred I had the last time I mentioned it.  And I still need to finish writing one single-title manuscript while another novella length story is waiting in the wings.  There simply aren't enough hours in the day most days.  Today, I had everything ready for a computer dude to come to my house and help me figure out some shopping cart software I need to install for a client.  Looks like I'm going to have to call The Geek Squad on this one, however.  Dude was a no-show. 
 
When I was single, I would lament being stood-up.  In fact, I thought my now-husband had stood me up on our second date, when he was supposed to meet my parents.  I waited and waited and waited for him on the pier (or is it peir?) where his ship was docked (he was in the Navy) but he never showed up.  I drove home in tears, to the point I had to pull over twice because I couldn't drive safely.  When I got home, he was in my living room laughing it up with my Dad.  That was almost our LAST date, I was so upset.  But I was also relieved.  He hadn't stood me up afterall.
 
But to be stood up by a computer geek?  A computer geek I was going to pay?  What a waste of my valuable time!  I'm not going to cry about it, although not having this shopping cart installed is really ticking me off.
 
Nope.  No tears this time around.  I have a call out to a geekette (a very cute one, at that) and hopefully, she'll be able to help me.  Until then, I'm going to make a dent in the edits on my desk.
 
I'll cry about my missing geek in the morning when I have time.
 
Hugs,
Marjorie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home